Friday, December 19, 2008

The One Where I Say Goodbye

So tomorrow is my last real day in London :(

It's gonna be weird going home in the middle of a blizzard where there's snow everywhere! We left when it was humid and 90 degrees... I bet the weather will put me more in the holiday spirit as being in cloudy 50 degree weather everyday doesn't help!

This week I saw the Rainman on the West End! Josh Hartnett was amazing (as Tom Cruises' character) and I cannot believe I was in the same room as him! Today our whole study abroad group saw Monty Python's Spamalot. Although the costumes were pretty the sense of humor was just not for me.

We went to a Christmas party earlier this month and I made such a huge deal about leaving my umbrella (the ONE umbrella that I managed to get for free that DOES NOT ever break) at the Kew Gardens tube stop. I then made such a big effort to retrieve it. Well, I'm pretty sure that night at Dust I dropped it somewhere. Oh the irony.

Okay, but seriously I will miss London. I'll miss the citylife and being able to walk to buy groceries or shop at Covent Garden or Oxford Street. I'll miss the liveliness of my flatmates and how entertaining they are. But I can't wait to see everyone at home and my house is gonna feel so big and cosy! I also can't wait to see snow!

Cheers!
Farida

No comments: