Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The One Where I Attend My First Movie Premiere

Yeah, I finally can cross one more thing off my London "Must-Do List." I went to Leicester Square after my PR job to see the red carpet for the How To Lose Friends & Alienate People premiere. Unfortunately, Kirsten Dunst and Megan Fox did not attend even though they star in it.

The funniest part of the night was when people take home the cardboard movie posters that line the gates between the spectators/paparazzi and the actual red carpet. I managed to snag one.

They look tiny in the pictures on the red carpet but I had to decide to walk the 30 minutes across London home instead of take the Tube. Picture me carrying a HUGE movie poster in front of me that is twice my size on the streets of London.

I looked like a movie billboard walking around London. Paramount Pictures should have PAID me for giving them the free advertising/publicity. Or at least hire me right off the spot so I (the Marketing major) can have a full-time job come graduation!

I couldn't help but keep chucking to myself about how ridiculous I looked as I got stares from people walking past me.

I felt like the kid who wears the red-green-blue glowstick souvenir necklace proudly around his/her while walking back to the parking lot after the 4th of July fireworks. I finally attend a movie premiere and this movie poster is my souvenir I'm taking back with me goddammnit!

Responses on the street:

1. Many smiles from members of the opposite sex.
2. A drunken guy tried to come up to me with arms wide open an hug me and my poster to which I scurried off into the street to get away fom him.
3. A girl said, "What is she doing that for?" (British accent included.)
4. I walked by a pub where a guy said "That poster looks good on you."

Cheers!
Farida

No comments: